You are reading a single comment by @the1laz and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Personally, a paypal button would appeal most to me. For most things you pay for online, they'll have a nice easy paypal button that's almost automatic to click before even thinking about the other payment options.

A couple of things that might help, based on the conversations above... People will usually prefer to use something official and simple, especially if they're not as savvy with compiling or dealing with binaries. If you focus on getting your boards set with the best features, especially exclusive things like the bootloader, tv, IDE support, and market these advantages, then a large subset of buyers would rather buy the board that it all comes built into, not the one that they'll have to work on a bunch to get some features working, or use a third party binary. Not all of us are comfortable jumping intoa world of github and makefiles!

Also, I've got a Nucleo board at home (a pico too!), but I shouldn't expect you to tiptoe around breaking anything on it while you're releasing new builds. As long as I've got a build that works on it that I can revert to, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be aggressive with stripping out features or breaking things for my third party board while you're improving the espruino boards. And even if someone does put the effort into doing their own builds, I'd still prefer to use official ones and that'd be a good incentive to by an official board.

Also, if people are frequently using espruino in bulk for classes our products, it might help to market your bulk discounts more. Maybe even offer a specific pack of 20 or something, with a reminder of the advantages of using an official board.

About

Avatar for the1laz @the1laz started