the1laz

Member since Mar 2015 • Last active Apr 2017
  • 7 conversations
  • 134 comments

I'm an electrical engineer who spends to much time automating his house. I post about my projects on addictedtopi.com

Most recent activity

• in News

Sounds like a good way to handle the situation. Your work is appreciated @Gordon, it's amazing that Espruino is all done by one person.

• 10 comments
  • in General

Having any sort of paid service at all might result in a sizeable revenue stream. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that feel like they get a lot more value out of espruino boards and software than the cost of buying a board or two. Being able to sign up to a service that you don't 100% need, but is cool and makes you feel you're giving back can work.

Maybe something like a basic/silver/whatever membership could give you a vote on newest features, early access, forum badge and all that. Then a gold/premium membership might get you priority support, automatic custom builds, fancier forum badge.

I don't need a cool forum badge, but I'd sign up for one to support Espruino because it's awesome...

• in News

Thanks for another year of awesome @Gordon, have a great holiday!

• in JavaScript

@user70533 the espruino website has a lot of info for getting started. espruino.com/Modules shows how to use modules and espruino.com/Reference has details about everything built-in. On the whole, I've been able to easily port code between node and espruino and just replace the modules and their calls with equivalents, it didn't take long to get used to. Definitely a lot easier, more powerful and faster than making a jump to writing c for arduino, and having a command line to work with on your microcontroller is amazing!

• in ESP32

For reference, I think this the last time espruino with freertos was attempted:
    http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­276160/#comment12578162

• in News

I'm not sure that node-red is really used for "application development". I'd actually consider it closer to something like ladder logic (which definitely isn't fading from the scene). It's more about having some inputs and outputs and visually and clearly defining the logic connecting them, rather than trying to skip out on coding.

• in Projects

Updated to support mqtt (as well as serial/tcp socket), changed the functions around a bit to be neater.

• 4 comments
  • in Tutorials

Thanks @JumJum, the tutorials are always appreciated!

Actions