You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hmm... good point about Patreon... PayPal doesn't look that great either - but I guess businesses are using it more now. There is also a kind of 'PayPal direct debit' thing you can do too, which might be easier to administer than doing it direct. As @DrAzzy said, having a monthly contribution might work out well for a lot of people.

PayPal fees are a pain, but as far as I can tell are actually not that much worse than other credit card handling companies. I think Stripe takes around 5% (could be wrong though).

I really don't want to restrict very much because arbitrary restrictions in Toolchains was something that drove me to do Espruino in the first place. The Espruino boards themselves do have more features (TV out for example) that are too painful to support on other boards, and maybe I should be a bit more aggressive about stripping features out - I spend far too much time trying to make sure things still fit into the Olimexino board!

... but having said that, if I strip it down too much then people will just put up their own builds :)

A marketplace for modules sounds interesting - I wonder if it would convince more people to contribute?

I think for now, probably a donation, and maybe a line after the

_____                 _ 
    |   __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___ 
    |   __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |_____|___|  _|_| |___| |_|_|___|
              |_| http://espruino.com

screen on the non-official boards.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started