• A story in three pieces ( Intro, Getting there..., Final ):

- Intro

Working on something with save() to run it from battery sent me a bit into the boonies...

When you save() code, it matters very much when you do it... in other words: it matters in what state the board is (after upload) - what initializations have been made, what code did already complete and what code is still running (timeouts, intervalls,...).

For illustration purpose, I use the code example with module MFRC522 NFC/RFID MODULE is discussed (see attached pic and next post). The example code works well when connected to the IDE (out of box on Espruino standard board, and with two changes for for Espruino Pico: 1st) B2 has to be changed to B1 because B2 is LED1 and not on connectors - and even if connected, it messes with the example; 2nd) LED3 has to be removed from the array of leds because it is undefined).

PS: It was difficult to catch the green LED on, even though the white RF ID card was laying under the reader and making it flash twice a second for 100ms. The picture shows Espruino Pico 'extended' to 2x14 = 28 pins. The 0.05" connectors are brought to the 'sides' with lacquered wires (plus GND and 3.3V at the rows ends), leaving a prototyping space of 4x5 = 20 wholes. A similar shim could make this into bottom and top SMT areas for I2C / SPI connected EEPROM / FRAM/MRAM / (Atmel) Crypto / security chips.

1 Attachment

• PICO_RFID_MRC522_SPI1_B1.jpg
About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started