• I've updated all of them successfully now via the Raspberry Pi. The first one was a KS module using the shim included with the KS five-pack, but still needed to be via Raspbian rather than Mac. The next three were from Amazon, done using the veroboard jig. This one I just successfully tested on the Mac (albeit just read_mac rather than write_flash) was already upgraded to 0.25.0.0 using the jig on Raspbian.

So, basically no useful information there at all :) However, if someone is having trouble using esptool on Mac, it might be worth trying a Pi or similar.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention... I didn't have any luck flashing it on Mac using an FTDI232 USB/TTL board instead of the Pico either.

EDIT: Ah, just noticed that the ESP8266 (actually ESP-01) modules didn't come with the KS Picos after all. I got the five-pack, Dad got another reward, and gave me one of his shims and an ESP8266. I hadn't realised he'd bought the ESP8266s elsewhere. So, basically even less useful information to deduce a pattern! I'll shut up now.

About

Avatar for tom.gidden @tom.gidden started