• Thanks. I think that inital response triggered a bit of an anxiety attack for me...

In AT commands, does either side typically send something to indicate that it's expecting something? (ie, master sends AT+SEND, and now is going to send some data - what would one expect that the device send back between those? Or should the master just send 'AT+SEND (data data data)'

Is punctuation or a delimiter normally done between, say, the end of AT+SEND and the beginning of the data being sent? Like AT+SENDdatadatadata or AT+SEND=datadatadata? etc...

Doing CTS/RTS would have some advantages, I think that's the way to do it. It will require significant reworking of my PCB to support though, as the board is already packed; I'm already very short on space. I hope I'll be able to get those two more pins on there without crippling the board in some other way.

Wait, couldn't that be done with 1 pin? Like, have a very weak pulldown on the flow control pin, then to signal that there was something to send, set it to INPUT_PULLUP, and then the other device could force the pin low to tell it to transmit, and let go after the response... ? Wouldn't conform to the standard though.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started