• Hey! Thanks for the reply and the kind words :)

The idea behind this build was to make it quick and cheap, so I opted for a PCB that I could fit with parts on hand. Buying parts is insanely expensive in Norway because of tax and shipping for import, or local purchase from a retailer that has a profit margin near infinity (ie, a couple of resistor ladders, a QFPN/SOIC atmega and parts would easily amount to $150). I have a weller station and use 2mm flat heads mostly. It does the job :) In retrospect I think I should've gone the route you propose with SMDs and then use parts from OPL. Next time I will :)

The board will definitly be Espruinoified. Seed is not assembling it. We just purchased a reflow oven and a hot air rework station. It will surely be a learning process first, but having the ability to produce protos and rework them in house should be well worth the time and money investment. I hope...
    This board is kind of an IoT playground with access to sub 1GHz from the 430 and WiFi through the ESP8266.

Yes, I've mentioned Wice before I think. The site is still a bit meh but I don't have time for polishing that yet. It will be better with time, I promise. It's basically just a poster we send before meeting with potential clients.

Sadly I think I made the footprint for the SMD [ZX62-B-5PA(11)] one, without through hole lugs. I'll try epoxy then...
    I do have a benefit in the fact that I'll be the only one handling these boards. So I'll just need to be careful :) Should be fine right (I'm not clumsy at all, promise!...)?

• Dang, you can't get the Chinese to ship you parts for cheap?

My parts from china arrive with customs declarations that range from misleading (drop a 0 from value) to blatantly false (electronics listed as cosmetics), so they're hardly fastidious about that.

(cuts both ways - if you have to return something to chinese ebay vendor, don't bother if they insist you ship it back. They have ways of making tracking numbers vanish too, so they deny receiving it and refuse refund).

About