• Just to add, I know I'm not generally supportive of Espruino on other platforms - but that's because it's often approached in a very one-sided way. Requests of the form "I'm going to sell a board with Espruino on. Can you port Espruino to it for free?" are not unusual, and don't really help to change my point of view.

@CKnight and Janus RC couldn't have been further from that though. They're doing development work, are supporting their customers and are contributing their changes back, which all makes a huge difference.

ARMinARM are another good example of using Espruino in a mutually benficial way too.

About GSM - I'll be trying to produce a more flexible library for Espruino soon that'll allow efficient callback-based handling of AT commands, as well as JavaScript-based network drivers. Hopefully when that happens we'll be able to integrate this socket support with the HTTP server, as well as tweak the SMS/Network library to make it callback-based and add it to the list of modules.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started