You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • It's Jaltek - they usually do aerospace stuff but with this kind of thing they can keep the production line busy and also get good publicity :)

The problem with all this stuff is getting the connection - if I could create a panel with 180 perfectly positioned Pogo Pins in, and could then position and press it down reliably with the 18kg of force required (100g per pin) then I might stand a chance.

Trying to test 3 boards at a time (only 18 pins) seemed like a good plan, but having now tried this it seems like it's not going to be reliable enough, as on the boot pad especially positioning needs to be within at least 0.05".

It's looking like I'm going to have to go for testing boards individually, which is a bit of a shame. On the plus side, the fact that it's a language interpreter means that you just have to plug it into USB. The firmware is flashed, the device reboots, runs Espruino, and can then check every pin for shorts itself (using the built-in pullups and pulldowns).

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started