You are reading a single comment by @stephaneAG and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Allright .. actually, not, but here's what I came with during my last test(s):

-> in principle, I tested with no other app opened, so a notification sound seems not likely to occur ..

-> again, concerning the index.html terminal, I've never been able to type in the actual window ( maybe u have some js fcn I can call from the console to emulate me typing in ? ), aka typing keys on my keyboard does nothing when using the 1-way comm cable ( & when using the 2-way comm cable, it prints garbage more or less like what I can have in the WebIDE when using " Serial1.on('data', function(d) .. " )
    ( after looking at the console logs, it may come from the way the terminal accepts input & provides a prompt ? )

-> using my simple page ( http://madtoyslab.com/Espruino/ ) & using the js console to set " audio_serial_invert = true; ", I don't get glitches but chars instead :D
    ( see screenshot )
    => thing is, for some reason, each of them gets displayed twice ( .. ), but no more garbage :)

-> concerning the balance over one side, this is just something that I did while testing ( who knows if it could have helped me in some way / gave me some hint(s) on the pb ? ), but it seems I get the same with/without doing so ( when doing the above test )

-> I am about to try with unamplified input & the 2-way comm cable, but I guess it 'll continue to either print glitches or be quiet :/

=> although, as the "glitches" we're talking about seems to reverse to normal chars when using audio_serial_invert, maybe it's the same the occurs in the terminal window ?

-> actually, I can get my hands on a DSO Nano but nothing bigger .. :/

=> now testing the 2-way cable ( .. )

Nb: using Chrome Version 38.0.2125.104 (64-bit) on zenbook UX31A & Ubuntu 13.04

2 Attachments

• duplicated_strings_output_in_webIDE.png
    • no_prompt_result_found_just_got_empty_string.png
About

Avatar for stephaneAG @stephaneAG started