You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • This is something I'm interested in to0. I haven't been able to get the simple On/Off Keying modules to work reliably. They're close, but just kinda flaky, so you can't count on any one message actually arriving, and of course, line of sight only. I wonder if we could amplify them and bump up the transmit power a bit? :-P

I think a different technology is needed if you require reliable communication at reasonable distances - like the NRF24, RFM69, etc - see the other thread for a bit of discussion.

Right now, a lot of us are struggling with the issue of reliable wireless, so I really hope you'll dig in and make some progress - if enough of us monkeys with soldering irons stay on it, someone's bound to hit on something that works.

I've got some RFM69's coming to try to see if I can get those to perform acceptably, though they're a lot more complexity than i'd like.

However.... for anything better than those utter garbage cheap transmitters, it's almost certainly going to need SPI, or at least serial.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started