EcmaScript - Espruino

Posted on
  • As I am learning JavaScript, I want to be aware of the stuff that won't be available to me when using Espruino. Somewhere I saw Gordan had posted some sort of list of what had not been implemented in Espruino...anyone know where that info is?
    I apologize if it is somewhere readily available, I tried to search for it...
    Thanks!

• This one? Is from kickstarter comments, from way back near the start of the kickstarter campaign, copy-pasted because there doesn't seem to be a direct way to link to kickstarter comments.

Creator Gordon Williams on November 6 @Milan Espruino supports just over half of what's in that table. I've tried to get the base language pretty good, so if you write sensible ES5 code then it'll work, but some of the more strange features (reserved words as property names, getters+setters, etc) aren't implemented yet. One big feature that's not in there is regular expressions, but hopefully that will come at some point in the future. If someone comes to me with existing code that could run but doesn't then I'll do what I can do make it work though. It's all open source and you can compile Espruino for Linux or Mac pretty easily, so you can try it out right now if you want to :)

• I actually did find that one...I seem to have a recollection that it was a pretty comprehensive list, perhaps I dreamed it :)

• I feel like there may have been a more detailed list somewhere too... but I can't find it either.

• I'm afraid I can't think of anything specific I would have written. If you want to know about something specific, just ask though!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

EcmaScript - Espruino

Posted by Avatar for Manxome @Manxome

Actions