You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I should really create a module for 433Mhz with basically the fastest JS code I can get for the receiver. The impression I get is that with debounce on the setWatch it should be just about usable (although it could miss the occasional transmit).

With careful forming of the signals you send (eg. a long (4ms?) pulse of radio at the start, which will give Espruino a noiseless period in which to chew through all the data it buffered up) it should still be pretty reliable though.

I will be fixing the issue with Espruino being overwhelmed in version 1v72 of the firmware, so at least that shouldn't be such an issue any more - however USB/Serial share the same buffer as interrupts, so if the buffer gets full you'll still have trouble communicating with Espruino.

Hopefully when I get time to implement this 'native code in interrupts' thing the problem will be totally solved though.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started