You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • So I edit code in Sublime Text... and it puts tabs in for indentation. But the IDE, both Espruino's and Arduino's use 2 spaces.

The switching back and forth between editing in the IDE's and Sublime Text results in all my source files slowly degrading to unreadability, as both sides argue over how to indent lines. Sublime tries to copy what the function already has, if it sees it, but neither of the IDEs do, and Sublime often gets confused. I've turned to copy/pasting tabs while working in IDEs, which is agonizing.

How do other people deal with development tools that fight over how to indent?

Is there any existing tool to fix indentations like this?

What is the correct indentation to use, anyway? This seems like something that would be written of in the script ures, but surprisingly, it isn't one of the command ments...

As for why I don't just use the IDE's, I find Sublime Text much more comfortable to read with the skinning + font options, plus it will rescue me if I don't save with hot_exit (while Espruino's behavior is inconsistent) and has a full-featured find/replace and can freely use the local file system. It lets me open multiple files at once (which I always need), and it doesn't have a left-hand side taking up screen space when I'm on the road writing without an espruino to send data to. The Espruino IDE is fine for tweaking and quick things, but for real coding I do it in sublime. The Arduino IDE's code editor is just a piece of insufferable shit (imo).

Edit: Damnit, these forums won't let you italicize part of a word....

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started