• Yeah, will definitely contribute module for it. It'll be a pretty simple module, though. I like writing modules.

I got a breakout board with the EEPROM in DIP-8 package (socketed), so no soldering onto the prototyping area for now. Will probably get some SOIC-8 ones if this works out well, and do just that. The I2C EEPROMs, in the largest sizes I see available, are limited to 4 per I2C bus (each one has 2 pins dedicated to setting address) - which means one could just fit the maximum loadout of I2C EEPROM's onto the prototyping area.

One of the things that I'm imagining doing with this is having the Espruino check that the modules it needs are present on the SD card, in node_modules directory - and if they're not, extract them from the EEPROM and write them to the SD card (so when we pull the SD card to get the recorded data, we can just put in a blank micro SD card in it's place, hit reset, and have it sort itself out).

You say things like "at the moment" - does that mean that you're planning to change something that would make this more graceful in the near future, or just that someone might at some point do so?

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started