You are reading a single comment by @tom.gidden and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Whoa. Just saw this thread. Please take my money as soon as humanly possible.

With regards to the dilemma of extra pins, could a possible compromise be to have them on some sort of breakaway section? I'm not a hardware guy, but could the board be perforated or at least have some sort of safe cutting line over which the traces are just straight lines? I was wondering about doing the same for the USB connector. That way, the board could be programmed and developed full size and then snapped down to minimal size for use in production.

This brings up another related thought... what about constructing a "micro"-Espruino module with no buttons, connectors, etc. and 0.05" pads, of similar size and form to the HC-05.
    It would be mounted on a breakout board with all the pins and connectors for development (and for hobbyist use), but could be used on its own in production. I could imagine that would improve the practicality of Espruino hardware beyond simple one-off use. I could also see both the mini- and normal boards being refactored as simple breakout boards for the micro-.

I know it's not what you're planning with this new release, but I for one would be very interested in, say, four micro-Espruino modules and a single Development Kit (ie. the breakout board).

(It goes without saying that I'll also pledge for the mini- on Kickstarter as planned ;) )

About

Avatar for tom.gidden @tom.gidden started