fdufnews

Member since Aug 2015 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 27 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

I am afraid MCP1703 will find it difficult to power both Espruino and ESP8266.
    In the datasheet, 250mA is given as maximum current.

• in Projects

@tage that's Li-Ion batteries. They are very demanding on what voltage is applied to them, and may take fire when overvoltage is applied.
    Nominal voltage is 3,7V but during charging the voltage increase up to 4,2V (which is a limit that shall never be exceeded).
    This charger can't be used as is, as batteries are charged by the 3.3V of Espruino's I/O. And with the available current on an I/O it will take loooong to charge a 2100mAh battery.

• in Projects

beyond 15mm maybe you'll not have enough collector current. So you won't see any switching at the output.

• in Electronics

If you want to dim the EL wire you shall change the frequency of the inverter

• in Electronics

It is possible but EL wire work with 100V at a few hundreds hertz. So need to add some interface circuit to drive EL wire with the Espruino.
    The how many answer depends on the possibilities of the interface circuit. I have seen an EL shield at seeedstudio for Arduino which was able to drive four EL wires. Each of them could be powered on/off.
    They also have another one that maybe more interesting working both on 3V and 5V but driving only one EL wire

• in Projects

An ESP8266 alone is all you need to manage a temperature sensor. The ESP12 flavor is much better to connect peripherals. This board is less than 5$.
    It can manage a one wire, I²C or SPI temperature sensor and send the information to a base station. You can even add a small OLED screen if you want to display the temperature locally.
    You only need the pico at the base station.

• in JavaScript

It is not an issue, it is a feature.
    Look here : http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­275631/

• in General

Did you try an installation from the files on github?

• in General

Manually installed from github and got an error caused by "Thumbs.db" files lying around in some img directories. Once the files are deleted WedIDE is running fine.

• in General

Gave a try and had the same problem on a PC where it was previously installed.

Actions