AlexOwen

Member since May 2015 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 9 conversations
  • 43 comments

Most recent activity

• 25 comments
  • in Bangle.js

Just an update, this turned out to be a manufacturing defect with the watch. Gordon replaced it (very quickly) and the new one seems to be doing great.

• in Bangle.js

Sorry for the lack of reply, I've been really busy and away.

I've just got home and tried two other USB adapters (2.1A and 2.5A) and neither has done anything different. It's still just sitting there flashing the LED constantly.

I could send it back if you want to have a look at it? I think I've reached the limit of what I can do without taking it apart, which I'd rather not do if you want to see the malfunction.

• in Bangle.js

I've tried it about 10 times (on charge and not) and still nothing.

I've noticed the LED only flashes (fast and regularly) when it's on charge, and when I start pressing any buttons the flashing becomes very erratic. When I disconnect the charger it turns off completely.

The screen never turns on whether it's charging or not. No errors, no messages, no animations. As it's OLED it could be off or just no data/image I guess.

• in Bangle.js

The USB cable is perfectly intact, the pogo pins are free and there's nothing on the pads at all.

The LED is still just flashing irregularly and very fast, but nothing else is happening. I tried all the different combos again and it's just as lifeless.

I've tried charging it directly from my laptop and now it's been sitting on a high power USB mains plug for a few hours. I know the plug is fine because I use it for my phone.

This is normally where I'd re-flash the firmware, but I don't think it's simple (or possible?) to flash them without the OTA part working. I know it's a beta version, so I'm not expecting it to be 100% right away. Hopefully someone will have a winning idea soon.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the help, I've also tried that combo several times too. Nothing displays on the screen so I can't do the second part of it.

After ~2 hours of charging it's just started flashing the green LED on the back (HR monitor?) randomly but there's still no display/beeps/vibration. I'm going to leave it for a while longer and see what happens.

WRT to the GPS, that makes sense, I was inside when I tried it. I was probably expecting too much of it.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I've tried them all already.

I've tried all the button combos on the getting started page, and nothing.

After I noticed the tag that says about correct orientation of the charger I made sure it was always the right way round.

I'll try leaving it plugged in again and see if it eventually comes back to life. Maybe it needs more time to get to a state where it can turn on at all. There's just no indication it's doing anything (no charging light etc.), but I'm also not sure there's supposed to be a charging light/animation?

I'd guess the battery died so quickly because something was running still. I think I left it on the clock (screen off) which I assumed was the idle state, but thinking about it that is probably still executing JS. That part I'm not worried about, it was more for context in case it helped.

• in Bangle.js

I've just started playing with my Bangle.js and so far I can't seem to get it to charge. It arrived with about 50% battery and within 2 days on idle it got to 0% and turned off, which is a faster discharge than I expected. It's not turned back on at all since.

A green light flashed when I initially connected the charger but now nothing happens. I didn't see the tiny label about orienting the charger so I tried it both ways round initially.

Is there a trick to it? Can I do a soft/hard reset? I don't mind opening it up if I need to.

Also the demo GPS app never seemed to acquire satellites or get a time. Is this a known bug?

Actions