JackBennett

Member since Apr 2015 • Last active Jul 2016
  • 2 conversations
  • 27 comments

Most recent activity

• in Interfacing

Yes it was the serial port driver. Wasnt expecting another driver after using arduinos and things. (Win 10 x64)

I'm just working on trying to find the thing from my phone now the web Bluetooth api seems a bit restrictive.

Doesn't your example need two pipes by the way?

[0||E.getTemperature()]

• in Interfacing

That's an amazing amount of info Gordon thank you. I'm going to look around what I can and hopefully help.

From reading the page I got the impression I still should be able to use the usb to program it. I tried the Should I start a new thread for this?

I've been having trouble connecting to the microbit over USB once espruino is uploaded. I can see "espruino MICROBIT" listed in bluetooth on my phone. chrome on there can't connect to it though. I checked enable-web-bluetooth is enabled.

Just tried the 1v85 espruino_1v85_microbit.hex from the downloads page zip and also espruino_1v85.63_microbit.hex from the master. Can see them on my phone but can't connect over usb. Chrome IDE normally and run as admin. unplugged/plugged in the bit too.

• in Interfacing

Hey, I'm trying to get into a bit of bluetooth LE. Whilst I've got a microbit with me I want to have it send out a value from an analog pin over bluetooth for anything to pick up. The part I'm confused about is I can't find anything the references using the microbits bluetooth at all.

The espruino webIDE is the only thing I've seen use it. I can't find anything on the microbit.co.uk/app tools that reference bluetooth. I thought about looking at micropython but apparently they'll never do it;

http://microbit-micropython.readthedocs.­org/en/latest/ble.html

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how BLE is supposed to work. Next I'm going to look at how the Web-IDE from NPM is talking to bluetooth for a bit of an example.

• in General

Alas my deadline has come. I suspect it's some grounding problem when I'm not on my laptop on charge. I don't know enough electronics yet. I've yet to look at the SD source code to try and find a more helpful error message.

Thanks for your help guys. I'll keep working on it and try to have it ready for another time.

• in General

I have a new SD reader now too so can't have been that.

• in General

I put in a new SD card low and behold it worked again. So I got quite excited soldered it up and tested it again and it was still working great.

Thought right nows the time for the battery. Disconnected from the PC I put in the 4x1.2v 1800mAH AA pack and the leds came on for things. Stopped it and went back on the PC connection without battery and now I'm back to ERROR: Unable to mount SD card : NOT_READY

Very perplexing. I can't read/write to it at all now, tried formatting it and reflashing the espruino. PC read and writes fine.

• in General

There's an unmountSD function here

As for how best to use this, I don't know. I can't see a problem with mounting and unmounting all the time.

• in General

I'll try another SD card as this one is out my very old phone. And I'll push everything down into the board more. The pins are quite long though.

I can read/write to the SD card in my PC and it's formatted with the SD formatter tool.

Actions