I am having a similar problem with a NodeMCU. I tried the line in (post 8) that helped the topic starter, but to no avail.
- Flashing seems to go fine (see bottom of this post)
- I can sometimes access the Espruino prompt in Putty (1 out of 3 or 4 tries)
- I never see a prompt in Espruino
When I click the connect button in Espruino and choose the COM port, then I see the following in the IDE:
- an orange box with text "Disconnected"
- a line with some garbage text "0 Å±Á"
- a red box with text "Unable to retrieve board information. Connection error?"
- a green box with text "Connected to CO4 (no response from board)"
Here is my line that I use for flashing:
esptool.py.exe --port COM4 --baud 115200 write_flash --flash_size=detect -fm dio 0 .\espruino_1v99_esp8266_4mb_combined_4096.bin
And here are the flash results:
Serial port COM4
Detecting chip type... ESP8266
Chip is ESP8266EX
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Flash params set to 0x0240
Compressed 4194304 bytes to 353773...
Wrote 4194304 bytes (353773 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 31.7 seconds (effective 1058.0 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.
Hard resetting via RTS pin...
I can upload any Arduino sketch that I have to this module (NodeMCU from Amica), and they all work as expected. So, I think the module is fine. I don't have any others to try right now.
Any help is appreciated