user156311

Member since Aug 2023 • Last active Dec 2023
  • 2 conversations
  • 4 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Thanks for setInterval() hint. I have done some hacks, and input event handling does not look that hard.

Note in createSDL documentation that corresponding input does not exist would be welcome; it is not obvious from documentation and it took me a while to figure out.

If you have pointer to that CLI app, that would be nice. Quick search did not find anything.

• 4 comments
  • in Projects

Thanks for gipy pointer. I tried it, and it is fun, but it was unable to render area bigger than two villages. I aim to be limited by flash size, not RAM size. (And yes, I'll be switching to binary).

Thanks for setInterval hint. I'll try to think how to do it in a nice way.

• in Projects

I'm working on vector map application for Bangle.js -- code is available here: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/pĀ­ull/2981

But I'm quickly running into limits of hardware, system limits, and limits of my knowledge of JavaScript. Help is wanted.

Is there a way to do some kind of multitasking? I guess "abort expensive computation if user action is detected" would already be a huge improvement for me. Drawing map takes seconds to minute, aborting the draw when user requests move would be good.

• in Other Boards

Does anyone have hints for using espruino on Linux?

I can get it to create a window and draw into it

g = Graphics.createSDL(1024, 768, 8);

g.setColor(1,1,1).setFont("Vector",25);
    g.setFontAlign(0,0);
    g.drawString("SpaceWeaver", 85,35);

but then application exits, so text is only visible for millisecond or so. Does anyone have example of using createSDL? Ideally I'd like to handle input events, too, but Bangle.on() does not seem to be available on Linux.

Actions