joserebelo

Member since Jul 2023 • Last active Nov 2023
  • 0 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Created https://codeberg.org/Freeyourgadget/Gadg­etbridge/issues/3261 to track this on Gadgetbridge. I'll look into it eventually if nobody does in the meanwhile.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon yeah, I have noticed some inconsistencies with the way notifications are sent to devices:

• Notifications are handled in the NotificationListener - this includes both sending and handling the dismissals. The NotificationListener keeps a lookup queue that maps notifications by ID.
    • However, SMS are sent by the SMSReceiver. This gets the SMS event directly, which does not map to a notification on the phone. When trying to dismiss it from NotificationListener, it will fail.

Additionally to this, I don't think we're setting the notification ID correctly when creating the NotificationSpec, so it's always incrementing, even for updates of the same notification.

I did not have too much time to look into this yet, but it's definitely a bug on Gadgetbridge that's affecting all devices.

• in Bangle.js

Well, I just had to create an account to thank all of you for the support. Got the Bangle a couple of days ago, and it's quite weird to not have to reverse engineer a device for a change :p

Still wrapping my head around how it works, but I'll probably start by implementing a couple of features here and there that GB already has the infrastructure for, just not on the Bangle.

Actions