glemco

Member since Dec 2022 • Last active Nov 2023
  • 0 conversations
  • 15 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@fparri keep in mind that (as I wrote in the readme) the app is mostly a proof of concept for now, as you noticed sync works, but code generation is done on the device and not in the best way.
    Complex QR codes give a hard time to the device and it reboots (didn't try with complex barcodes but those would likely not render fine).
    As many said, the best thing would be to have the codes generated by the phone (Catima perhaps), but that is not how the gadgetbridge integration currently works.
    Any help is more than welcome, at the moment I don't have much time to work on that (and I don't have much knowledge of android and barcode/QR generation to make the algorithms smarter)

• in Bangle.js

@Akisame the cards app is roughly a proof of concept. It works fine with gadgetbridge (catima sync) but the rendering of codes is way far from being perfect. I tried some open source libraries but feel free to fork/enhance the app with your own renderers.

• in Bangle.js

Right, good point.
    Just out of curiosity, is BW clock really working so different or could it eventually use addInteractive too?
    If that's the case I'd wait for them to be unified before checking this update on the agenda clkinfo.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks, I guess I'm starting to grasp it better!
    I think at this point a couple of other clkinfo would need an update then:

• the agenda should drop passed events as they are over
    • the weather should trigger an update once the old data is expired and when up to date data is available
    • I think the alarms are fine, since once one fires the screen is changing and going back to the clock would refresh anyway (does it always happen?)

Does it make sense?

• in Bangle.js

So now the right way to handle the show for items that are always ready is to do nothing at all?
    Are we both drawing manually (also the non-ready ones) and redrawing once data is ready/changing?
    I see that the function menuShowItem is indeed triggering a redraw after calling the show, isn't it the same old story then? (Well I assume the idea is to keep it more under control)

• in Bangle.js

By the way, I'm not quite sure I fully understand the use of show (as it is right now).
    Clocks are supposed to call show, most of the times emitting a redraw, which eventually clocks are handling (on) while drawing. Isn't this equivalent to just calling a redraw on the first place (assuming no one else emits another redraw, which is the case for some clkinfos, like calendar date and battery).

If I understood correctly, the simple this.emit("redraw"); lets the clock decide when to update (in a convoluted but standard way), while other ways can force redrawing on some events or timers. Am I missing something?

• in Bangle.js

In the reference Implementations I have always seen something like this.emit("redraw"); as only content of the show.
    You are right as probably yours wouldn't really change, but emitting a redraw won't hurt (say one day you want to show something else, it shouldn't be called that often anyway).

• in Bangle.js

Good to know, looks promising!

• in Bangle.js

Well, thanks, I'll keep the tape then! Don't want to mess up with the watch

• in Bangle.js

Well, didn't mean to criticize your method (very neat, by the way). Just the clkinfo (and modules in general) are quite hard to track as they aren't versioned, so I first thought it could be that.
    If it's about pretokenisation, I should see it soon, perhaps it gets triggered with some state of the weather file, which I didn't get yet. Let's see.

Actions