Chopstick

Member since Feb 2022 • Last active May 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thanks a ton for the explanation, that makes perfect sense. I put a PR in for the documentation update.

• in Bangle.js

That makes sense, and thanks for all the information. Do you know if this applies to apps as well? Like if I've got a Bangle app that's using the bluetooth connection, will I no longer receive push notifications until I exit the app and re-pair it to my phone?

• in Bangle.js

Do you know why I have to disconnect before using the app loader? Looking at the documentation, it doesn't seem that the way that's working is super intentional:

you just need to select Bangle.js 2 when prompted (or from the drop-down in the top left)

Seems like it would be nice to make the app reflect that functionality, even if the watch is paired for notifications.

• in Bangle.js

Interesting, I didn't see that anywhere in the documentation or in the getting started video. I may put a PR in for the documentation to add that note somewhere.

• in Bangle.js

Just started playing around with my Bangle.js 2, and I've been loading it up with some apps. I use an iPhone so I installed the iOS app which also installed the messages app. With these apps installed the Bangle pairs with my phone keeps a persistent bluetooth connection.

The issue that I'm running into is that with this persistent connection the app loader doesn't show my Bangle when I use the "Connect" button. I'm wondering if anyone might have insight on where the issue lies with this. Is it in the iOS/Messages app for the Bangle, or is it in the app loader? I'd be more than happy to mess around with the code on my end and see what I can get working.

EDIT: Digging into it a little more, I'm wondering if it has something to do with this function. It looks like this is doing a discovery of new devices, but it's not considering devices that might already be connected. Does that track?

Actions