blogmywiki

Member since Nov 2021 • Last active Jun 2023
  • 8 conversations
  • 42 comments

Education Content Manager for the Micro:bit Educational Foundation, former teacher and BBC radio studio manager.

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Thank you so much, that worked :D
    (There was no constant output in the IDE. Something must have corrupted the settings JSON file, maybe something crashed or the battery died when something was writing to it.)

• in Bangle.js

It does look like something may be missing from setting.json after "options":

{"ble":true,"blerepl":true,"log":false,"­timeout":10,"vibrate":true,"beep":"vib",­"timezone":1,"HID":false,"clock":"numera­ls.app.js","12hour":false,"brightness":1­,"options":{"wakeOnBTN1":true,"wakeOnBTN­2":true,"wakeOnBTN3":true,"wakeOnFaceUp"­:false,"wakeOnTouch":false,"wakeOnTwist"­:true,"twistThreshold":4096,"twistMaxY":­-800,"twistTimeout":1000},"theme":{"fg":­65535,"bg":0,"fg2":65535,"bg2":8,"fgH":6­5535,"bgH":31,"dark":true},"clockHasWidg­ets":true,"launcher":"launch.app.js"}

• in Bangle.js

Or could I delete the settings app from the IDE?

• in Bangle.js

Thank you! Unfortunately I'm still getting the JSON error. So, I guess I need to do a factory reset - though how do I do that if I can't access the settings app?

• in Bangle.js

I tried repeatedly deleting and the reboot without loading code, but I'm still getting the invalid JSON message. I may have done the reboot incorrectly as those instructions seem to refer to the BangleJS 1 with two buttons. Anyone know where I might find instructions for rebooting without loading code for the JS2?

• in Bangle.js

Hmmm... 'Settings removal failed. Invalid JSON.'
    Not sure what to do now! Factory reset?

• in Bangle.js

Thank you, I'll try re-installing it after a backup.

• in Bangle.js

I'm probably being really stupid, but I can't find the Settings app any more. Should it appear in the list of apps when you browse it in the Launcher, or is it invoked in another way? It's not listed at all.

When I browse my installed apps in the App Loader, Settings is listed but it says 'unknown version' - which seems odd. Do I need to delete it and re-install it?

Actions