user71257

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Dec 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

By ghost keyboard I mean that the screen is responding to characters, primarily left and right arrow keys. I can place the cursor in a new position in the buffer (in EspruinoIDE) and it will run to beginning or end of buffer, one character at a time, at a perceptible rate (8/8 time?).

When I disconnect from puck the effect goes away, but this time my keyboard had disconnected and would not reconnect.

I replaced the batteries in the keyboard and the ghost has gone away. I guess that this is an odd end of battery life phenomenon.

I am now able to start using my puck, so I am not so bothered about accessing if from Ubuntu.

Thanks for your support.

I uploaded the default demo in the IDE:

var on = false;
    setInterval(function() {
    on = !on;
    LED1.write(on);
    }, 500);

The ghost keyboard, this time, only used left and right arrows, though last time I remember characters.

This time the ghost only appeared after disconnecting and reconnecting.

It made it impossible to edit the demo to change it.

I will try harder with the ubuntu machine, thanks for the tip.

Hi,

I have received my puck, and validated that it is alive by getting red and green neons to flash.

My Ubuntu 16.06 LTS MacBook Pro 2013 cannot detect the puck, though I have followed the bluetooth upgrade. I can no longer boot into OSX on this machine so cannot determine if the hardware is good enough.

Both my children's macs are too old.

On the iMac I was able to connect and upload the demo, but a ghost keyboard started typing on the machine until I took the battery out.

cheers
    timp

Actions