Frenchfaso

Member since Jan 2016 • Last active Jun 2018
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Other Boards

Hello Gordon,
    thank you for your reply!
    I've tried a couple of things, but I suspect the switching via setInterval is not fast and/or precise enough.
    Here is what I've tried so far (trying to get all pixels at 50% brightness):

setInterval(function(){
     show(0x1FFFFFF);
     setTimeout("show(0)", 10);
    },20); 

and this one:

var c = 0;
    setInterval(function(){
     if(c%2===0) show(0x1FFFFFF);
     else show(0);
     c++;
    },10); 

I thought the last one would be a little bit faster (by removing setTimeout) but nothing changed.

As for a firmware mod, this would be awesome of course!
    A nice way to implement it, would be perhaps in your graphics library, while creating the ArrayBuffer:

g = Graphics.createArrayBuffer(5,5,4);

this way we could manage images with 16 levels of gray/brightness directly.
    Would this make sense?

The micropython firmware supports 9 levels of brightness (0 is off) and visually it works pretty well, the other official firmware (the js/typescript thing) "supports" 255 levels of brightness, but this really does not work, and all kind of weird things happen (probably the out-of-phase problems you mentioned?)

• in Other Boards

Ideally of individual pixels.
    I was just reading your excellent page about PWM, calling the microbit.show() function with this technique should do the trick, but probably only for the whole screen/whole images, right?
    PS: Espruino is by far the best firmware for the micro:bit, a high-level language AND full BTLE stack!!!

• in Other Boards

Hello Gordon,
    is it possible to set the brightness on the micro:bit pixels like with micropython?
    Thanks!

• in News

Thanks!
    Sounds like a fun project, I probably need some more fiddling around before being able to do this though :-P

• in News

That's cool!
    I'm a lowlevelstuff noob, so probably this is a dumb question.. but, would it be possible to compile espruino for the actual Commodore 64?
    I've seen there are a couple of (old ) C compilers and tools for the C64/C128 and also a complete cross development package for the 65(C)02 systems (cc65)

Actions