You are reading a single comment by @DrAzzy and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • WebIDE I think could really benefit from some touchup, both UI and funtional:

No way to enlarge the text, or change the colors to improve visibility if you use the chrome store version. As a result, visibility of text is terribad on retina class displays. Ideally, i'd like support for pinch-to-zoom, but I'll be happy if I can just make the text big enough to read it without squinting...
    It's not obvious when the left window has focus, and it often doesn't have focus when I expect that it will.
    It will sometimes think it's connected, but the connection is entirely non-functional - can't even enter text in the left side. Happens if you connect via bluetooth on the wrong COM port, or try to connect via bluetooth when a USB cable is plugged in, and maybe in other situations.
    If you disconnect the Espruino uncleanly from USB, need to restart chrome and IDE to connect again, otherwise every connect attempt will fail.
    It is possible for the IDE to look like it's disconnected (ie, connect button enabled, disconnect disabled), while still being connected via bluetooth, and able to send commands and see responses in left side (happened to me last night, no idea how).
    When it says there's a firmware update, it displays a message "Firmware update available, click the (i) button to update"... but the (i) button in the message is just a picture, it isn't clickable like the 'real' button on the right is - should be able to click it to go to firmware update dialog.

About

Avatar for DrAzzy @DrAzzy started