You are reading a single comment by @Rayman and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • The power cycling is definitely making this work much better. I can go for a while without having a timeout. When I do have them, though, they seem to hang up the power cycling. Here is the output I am getting from the IDE:

ERROR: Timeout in CC3000 driver (4103)
    ERROR: Connect failed
    at line 11 col 4
      });}
        ^
    in function called from system
    Looks like CC3000 has died again. Power cycling...
    Execution Interrupted during event processing - clearing all timers and watches.

This error resulted in the power cycle working correctly at which point the board continued processing the JSON commands. After a while I got this error:

ERROR: Timeout in CC3000 driver (4112)
    ERROR: Connect failed
    at line 11 col 4
      });}
        ^
    in function called from system
    Looks like CC3000 has died again. Power cycling...
    ERROR: Timeout in CC3000 driver (16384)
    Execution Interrupted during event processing - clearing all timers and watches.

This error caused the board to become unresponsive and require a soft reset. I thought maybe the code it was pointing to was incorrect, but it is just the closing brackets for the http.get callback. Not to mention the code works perfectly prior to the error.

I should mention, for debugging, that the way I am getting this error is by doing a timeout loop of requests. Basically, board makes HTTP request, on response set timeout to do another HTTP request. This essentially is a setInterval, only I am waiting on the response before I fire off another timeout.

Also, I have noticed that the error codes that are causing the CC3000 driver to timeout are 4104 and 4112. The error code 4103 seems to always power cycle correctly. At this point I have a decently working prototype, so I don't need a quick response or anything - I just want to help spot any issues and help with debugging! Thanks for your help @Gordon!

About

Avatar for Rayman @Rayman started