• I understand now that the SD card is better to be used for data storage instead of modules downloading.
    I opted for he SD card in case I had to use the board on plants without Ethernet connections.
    I checked again.
    It was a side effect of an unknown reason or perhaps to my "headache" , the infamous MISO pin on the SD card which did not make a good contact from time to time.

Now after having done the same operations the serial link is operative.
    Just to let you now, anyway I had a different behavior when executing the LCD code.

The LCD is working fine when the code is downloaded from the WEB IDE.
    When the code is executed from onInit() and flash, the LCD shows some garbage instead of the string
    The situation after having pressed the reset button two times is a shift of the garbage in the first row as you can see from the attached screenshots.
    May it be that some garbage has been introduced after recompilation, but there are a lot of warnings in the C code, that should all be fixed.
    All are quite referred to unsigned to signed int conversion warnings.
    May it be that the LCD garbage is related to the inclusion of the SD card code, some pointer not properly used or something else, because I did a same test for the LCD and it worked fine except for the shift problem, that is to say even before including the SD card code I noticed that the LCD sometimes loosed a column at the beginning of the string.
    Anyway I never considered this a problem , till now, because I consider it due to the setCursor function.
    I could try to fix all compilation warnings and then let you know.

P.S.
    I recompiled under Ubuntu Linux using the GCC ARM suite compiled for this distribution.
    The recompilation of the GCC code gave no warnings at all so I assumed it was fine.

3 Attachments

• IMGP0915.JPG
    • IMGP0917.JPG
    • IMGP0918.JPG
About

Avatar for user6350 @user6350 started