You are reading a single comment by @Austin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Awesome, thanks for the very thorough response! I haven't received my Espruino (starter kit) yet, but I had bought an STM32F4Discovery a few months ago that I've been playing with in the mean time. I had written a small program to cycle the state (0 to 1 and back) of the A2 pin every 3 seconds on my board last night, and was checking it with a digital multi-meter to see if it was pulled to ground, but didn't realize that reading the pin value would cause it to float as the voltage never changed much. Guess I should've used an analog meter to see it "bounce" from being pulled to ground. I was doing console.log(A2.read()) immediately after setting the pin, so it was probably too fast for the digital meter to pick up that it gained or lost voltage before floating.

Hopefully I can wire it directly like you have mentioned above that would be preferable (and what I was attempting last night), if not then I'll go the relay route. I'm pretty sure the 2nd wire on reset is chassis ground, I'll check tonight after work...

About

Avatar for Austin @Austin started