Windows 8.1 users - Web IDE problems

Posted on
  • I've just had a bug filed that users on Windows 8.1 are unable to resize the Web IDE's window.

Can anyone else confirm this please? It seems unlikely but I don't have a computer here to test with.

• I can resize the WebIDE on Win8.1 without any problems.

• I can only resize vertical from the top on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit. I can get full screen, and half screen left or right vertical. On Linux Mint 17 it all works.

• So much for Chrome's multi-platform capability. What happens, is it that dragging doesn't resize it, or is it that you never get a resize cursor when going near the edge?

• I only get a cursor resize at the top edge, and when I drag it, it also drag the buttom too.

• Resize on Window 8.1 64bit also work here.

• Re-sizing works, the only problem with the web IDE i have is that fullscreen covers the taskbar.

• This happens to me from time to time.
    Can't even move the window.
    Everything else works fine.
    Browser window which is open same time, works fine.
    Have to restart IDE to get full functionality back.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit, actual version of chrome.

• @JumJum, Strange... did you notice any errors in the console? I guess you're using the dev version?

• Just checked, resize and window move is not working.
    Minimize/maximize works fine.
    There was no action in WebIDE during previous 4 hours.
    No message in console.
    After restarting WebIDE everything works fine.

Sounds really strange, but thats what happens :-(

• Hmm, mine seems to be glued to the upper left of the screen now, but I can resize it normally...

• Odd - the last update to the Web IDE was last week, so if it's started breaking my guess is it's a Chrome bug :(

• It's wierd, it starts off working, but over time, the window stops behaving well.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Windows 8.1 users - Web IDE problems

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions