Espruino Projects Site

Posted on
  • Hi,

There's a new website where you can show off (and see) other people's projects called Hackster - they've added a section for Espruino and have linked through a whole bunch of Espruino projects from the Espruino site: http://www.hackster.io/espruino

What does everyone think?

It'd be nice if this kind of thing got built up - especially if the search improves and you can do things like easily get a list of projects that use a certain LCD or sensor.

• How did you get those projects to act as links, redirecting to the Espruino site?

• This looks good. Images are always a big help.
    What I would like to have is a search based on categorys.
    Could imagine to have 3 (or 4,5) categories, which would be selectbox.
    Selecting in one would filter the other selectboxes.

• Yeah, that'd be nice. I know Ben (the guy whose site it is) was reading this post, so hopefully he'll do something... I'd suggested it would be nice having a list of component parts for each project, so you could ask for all projects that used (for example) the Nokia 5110 display.

@DrAzzy Ben actually added the links for me - I'm not sure how you'd do it from the site, but I'll ask.

• @DrAzzy we don't make it possible to add projects as links because we prefer if they're imported instead, but if you give me the URL I can create the link for you...

@JumJum Questions: what kind of categories would you have? would the search be global or solely for Espruino?

• hello Benjamin,
    sorry, but I missed your response.
    For categories I could imagine to search on both levels, global and Espruino.
    Major categories could be predefined

• device :[Sensor,Actor,Display,Board,...]
    • connection :[SPI,I2C,UART,CAN,...]
      For each subcategory could be a freetext field which could be used to create additional filter
    • Sensor:[DS18B20,DH11,...]
    • Display:[ILI9341, ....]

• Thanks JumJum, we'll work on that!

• @DrAzzy @Gordon We've just made it possible to submit links directly from Espruino projects page: http://www.hackster.io/espruino (click "Submit a link" on the right below the big cover image).

• Brilliant - thanks! I'll try and do that whenever I put new projects up.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Espruino Projects Site

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions