You are reading a single comment by @sqrtltrtl7 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I, unfortunately, didn't resolve my issue with OWMweather. I did successfully set up Weather with Quickweather, so have the correct weather for now.

• @thinkpoop: I did use MyLocation previously and updated my location using the watch GPS and the app loader multiple times each (including after reset settings & factory reset), but still got the OWMweather error. I might have run that test before properly setting it.
    • @Ganblejs: One thing that I wasn't 100% clear on was whether OWMweather replaces Weather or if it simply provides it with info necessary to pull weather. Tried multiple configurations but just couldn't get the API to work.
    • I also wasn't sure if OWMweather requires the One Call plan on OWM or the basic free API. That said, I tried both and still got the HTTP error message.

I hadn't previously made much of the Gadgetbridge support sites/images, which helped with the successful Weather pairing.

• One thing that I wasn't 100% clear on was whether OWMweather replaces Weather or if it simply provides it with info necessary to pull weather.

It is neither. OWMWeather pulls weather and writes the same file that Weather uses. You can use it without Weather installed. OWMWeather writes the file and other apps that use weather as written by the Weather app can use it. Weather does use it too and the apps should not conflict.

About

Avatar for sqrtltrtl7 @sqrtltrtl7 started