New Bangle.js booting showing the Bangle.js Logo

Posted on
  • Hi!

I've just found out that over the last 2-3 weeks (12th Feb onwards) we may have sent out a handful of Bangle.js watches that didn't have a 'Factory Reset' performed.

On these, when you first boot them, you might see a Bangle.js logo (like the picture below) instead of the Welcome screen.

To fix this, you need to hold down the watch's button for around 10 seconds - the watch will reboot and you'll see a message with === animating across the screen. Keep holding the button until the recovery screen (shown below) appears and then let go of the button.

Now scroll down to Factory Reset using the touchscreen, tap it, and then tap Yes, and around 20 seconds later your Bangle.js should have reset and started to show the Welcome screen.

Sorry for the inconvenience - a software update subtly changed how we had to prepare the watches, and a few slipped through without the reset being done, although they were all still tested and fully functional.

Note: if the backlight goes off in the recovery menu the screen will be locked, and you have to tap the button again to light the screen and unlock before you can use the touchscreen.

4 Attachments

• banglejs_logo_screen.png
    • banglejs_recovery.png
    • banglejs_recovery2.png
    • banglejs_recovery3.png
  • Thanks, this just saved my day.
    I'm now enjoying my brand new Bangle.js 2, it's such a lovable piece of tech!
    Keep up the good work!

• Thanks - glad it helped you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New Bangle.js booting showing the Bangle.js Logo

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon