You are reading a single comment by @shirt and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello, just got a bangle.js 2 today. Feeling a bit lost.

I get that it is a developer device and most of the documentation is set up around that, eventually I did find the wiki though which answered at least my early troubles.

I wanted to use with Gadget Bridge but I couldn't even load the Android component on to the bangle because I didn't have Chrome on my Linux desktop, nor on my phone. That was a bit of a pain point, and I stumbled into the solution by installing other browsers until I found one which worked.

Couldn't get the bangle charged because the charger will not stay connected, it's far too loose (wiki says there might be a jig / mount to solve this).

I'm very confused about watch faces. I installed a couple different ones, but always I see the default face. How can I change the default watch face? Launching a new face will show it until the button is pressed again.

It's not clear to me what are widgets (they install to the top and bottom of a screen?) , and how I might install or use them. My watch face would ideally be a large time, a weather indicator, step counter and battery remaining. I think the battery and step would be 'widgets' but I couldn't find how to install those or configure them for display either.

Is there a resource I can go to which is essentially "bangle.js 2 for users" ? Thanks :)

About