Where to ask questions about specific apps?

Posted on
  • My apologies if this is explained somewhere; I searched the forums, Github issues, and website for a while but came away unceratin. If I want to ask a question about a specific app (i.e., it's not behaving as expected and I want to try to debug it for myself but also maybe produce a patch if it turns out to be a bug and not user error 😂), where's the best place for that? (The app in question, if it matters, is the PatternLauncher app running on my Bangle.js 2).

• Github issue or right here in the forum. Github has the advantage that you can ping any of the authors mentioned in the readme. Forum has the advantage that you already started this thread ;)

• As above - you can get to the GitHub folder for the app by clicking the 'octocat' icon on the app loader.

Even if it's not in the readme, by clicking on the app.js file and then History in the top right you should be able to get an idea of the folks who wrote it so you can cc them, for instance: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/c­ommits/master/apps/ptlaunch/app.js

It's often hard/impossible to match a GitHub contributor to forum user, so from that point if view I'd say if you have something you're sure is a problem and is reproducible (even better if you have a fix!), report it on GitHub.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Where to ask questions about specific apps?

Posted by Avatar for eletari @eletari

Actions