You are reading a single comment by @stephenPspackman and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • But, having jetlag at this very moment, it's my objective to change my watchface. Though I grant that given the info one could add a useful widget, for those who like widgets.

To the technical point, does getIsDST actually work? Unless I'm misreading the code, GadgetBridge doesn't set it, Bangle has no manual option for it, and Espruino does not have a time zone subsystem of its own to store the rules (not that you can reverse engineer the isDST state from just an offset, anyway). Though the point that an update to GadgetBridge's time transmission could and probably should set isDST along with sending the zone is a good one.

Having an option to choose +1 rather than CET is not a bad idea, but the reason I want to go to the trouble of providing the abbreviation is that if (e.g.) you are so unfortunate as to live on a timezone boundary, or if you live on the road, you might want to know why your watch is showing an unexpected time—because your phone thinks you are now in Quebec, not because summer time just started….

About