• Okay so here comes a lot of information. Basically, I have a weird smart watch that runs Espurino but has a weird combination of Bangle.js and bangle.js2. I am a type 1 diabetic and have an app on my phone called Dexcom G6 that tells me my blood sugar that I would want to be able to be read from my watch. Is there a way to have an IOS app show data onto a watch like this? From what I have been able to find the chances are slim, But I am trying to find information to get information from the app to appear on the watch showing my current blood sugar. is this possible with IOS?

• I'm afraid, with iOS I think it's unlikely you'll be able to have enough access to other apps on the system.

There is a small chance that if the app on the phone displays (or can be made to display) the information you want in a notification, the iOS ANCS service could then send the notification to Bangle.js.

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the weird watch but if it's not an official Bangle.js 1/2 then you'll have to make sure you build in ANCS functionality and enable it (like is done with the iOS integration app for the Bangle). But once that's done you might be good.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Trying to get my IOS app to show data on a watch that runs Espruino

Posted by Avatar for Excronix @Excronix

Actions