Mark notifications as read

Posted on
  • Hello!
    I am using bangle 2 with ios integration.
    90% of the point of a smartwatch for me is to be able to read notifications quickly and then not have to take out my phone unless I want to act on that notification.

I see no way of telling bangle that the notification is "done" and it thus shows up several times.

Is there a way for bangle to keep track that something has already been dismissed?
    Or is there a way to actually mark it as read on phone as well?

• What does swiping left/right when the notification is showing do?

Usually when you get a notification from iOS, iOS should provide an option to acknowledge it and then I'm pretty sure it should disappear

• Actually, I restored the phone to factory defaults, unpaired it with everything and restarted.
    Now things are working way better, it seems like there was something off with with the sync between notifications and messaging service.

My guess is that I had installed too may apps when playing around with it initially.

Now I can delete the messages from watch by pressing envelope->delete or ->read all.

• This is somewhat related… I recently switched to IOS from android and ever since I am missing the swipe feature you added with the green check mark and red X.

Is this something that still needs to be implemented for iPhone users?

• and ever since I am missing the swipe feature you added with the green check mark and red X.

Oh, ok - that's odd. iOS's ANCS has a method for positive/begative actions built in: https://developer.apple.com/library/arch­ive/documentation/CoreBluetooth/Referenc­e/AppleNotificationCenterServiceSpecific­ation/Specification/Specification.html (search for EventFlagPositiveAction)

If a notification has the relevant flag set, the ANCS event should have positive/negative fields set as in https://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_E_A­NCS - and if they are set then you should see the option to swipe.

So it could be a bug, but it might also be that your notifications just don't have the option available?

• Swipe features does seem nice, I only get a somewhat fidgety menu inside a message which does lead to read/delete/unread and with "all" option for delete/read.

• @stweedo please could you paste this line of code in the left-hand side of the Web IDE:

E.on("ANCS", e => require("Storage").open("ANCS.log","a").­write(JSON.stringify(e)+"\n"));

and then without reloading the clock, connect to iOS and wait for a message to come in?

Then in the Web IDE if you scroll down you'll be able to download a file ANCS.log - please could you post it here? It won't contain any personal info but it does have the positive/negative flags shown.

If those are set and you're not seeing the swipe options then I can try and look into it here and see why they're not getting propagated.

... I guess even if they are not set, we could look at making the messages app always have a swipe to mark as read or something.

I only get a somewhat fidgety menu inside a message which does lead to read/delete/unread and with "all" option for delete/read.

I believe you can always tap the button to 'mark as read' and go back to the message list, and then tap again to go back to the clock...

• Yeah, the fidgety part is more that my fat fingers don't fully agree with the watch where I'm pointing ;)

• my fat fingers don't fully agree with the watch where I'm pointing ;)

Yes, the buttons can be small - did you know there's a 'calibrate' option under Settings -> LCD? Even if the watch and you don't agree, you can tell is what you think if the right place :)

• Just to add, I'm pretty sure I figured out the message swipe issue and fixed it in iOS app version 0.14 if you update the iOS app from the development app loader https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/ now

• Ohhh.
    Clever option =)

• Works fine =)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Mark notifications as read