finding a missing puck

Posted on
  • Hey all. I (or my kids) have misplaced a Puck, it is still broadcasting and I'm seeing it on my PixlJs. Has anyone experimented with sending some code over to theirs so it can be found via whatever electronics work best?

Thanks!

• you can check the RSSI value when scanning to guess the distance, nrfConnect app on phone can show it. Too bad there is no speaker but there are LEDs and light sensor so you can blink it in the dark to possibly see it or you can use torch and read the light sensor to see if the light is hitting it.

• Thanks - some useful ideas there! I will try them.

• Did you have any luck? Usually looking at the RSSI (eg via NRF Connect app which can show a graph) might be good enough to get you in the same rough area as it.

For more general losses I though I should mention there is openhaystack which can be uploaded at https://espruino.github.io/EspruinoApps/­?id=openhaystack and will turn your Puck into an Apple AirTag. There's a Bangle.js app too. You'll still have a similar issue finding it nearby, but at least it would be trackable over the world using any iPhone in range

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

finding a missing puck

Posted by Avatar for r0ss.me @r0ss.me

Actions