Is there a way to get a replacement screen?

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Thanks. Even with my mediocre skills it wasn't too traumatic changing the screen. Are there any screen protectors that fit to hopefully minimise me breaking it again? I bought the silicone cover but the glass screen projects slightly further out so I think it it were dropped it wouldn't be much protection.

1 Attachment

• 20230720_191234.jpg
  • That's great news - glad it fixed it for you!

I'm afraid I never found a very good screen protector myself - they always peeled at the edges for me.

However I think what happened to yours is probably quite rare - I've dropped mine loads and never broken it - the worst is scraping the face against brick walls. It could be worth trying, but at some point if the screen protectors cost £5 and a whole new screen is £12, you could just take your chances :)

• I currently use a protector made with the method described here: https://forum.espruino.com/comments/1642­1375/

It is now a matte one. The matte smartphone protector (for S22, so at least 6, maybe 8 Bangle size protectors) I used as base actually had two layers, a thicker clear one, too inflexible to be used on the bangle and a super thin matte one. I applied only the matte to my bangle and it has stood up to a lot of abuse. Some climbing and demolishing a brick wall included. It is obviously due for replacement in it's current state but it just got destroyed with no peeling at the edges. Initially applied 10.2022.

1 Attachment

• 965zq7UTRCKKRfiycYChFA.jpg
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Is there a way to get a replacement screen?

Posted by Avatar for stweedo @stweedo

Actions