Recorder no longer recording GPS data?

Posted on
  • Hi,
    For about the last 3 weeks I have been unable to get the 'Recorder' app (version 0.27) to record any GPS waypoints, on at least about 10 occasions - this has worked fine previously.
    Initially I assumed that I had no GPS fix (this has happened in the past), but for the last several experiments I have made it a point to get a good GPS fix first (confirmed via the GPSInfo app) and walking around outside under open skies for ~20 minutes.
    I am running a nightly build firmware version 2v18.69 (and a slightly earlier builds over the last week) and was wondering if someone else had experienced similar issues, possibly due to a code regression somewhere (maybe related to GPS sharing via GB, which I explicitly turned off for the experiments above)?
    I will try to instrument the Recorder code and keep a console open on the phone to see if I can gain some more insight.
    Thanks,
    Marko

• Hi,

Sorry you're having issues here - maybe you could download the recorder.logX.csv file with the Web IDE and see what's in the columns for GPS (if they even exist).

Is it possible that in the Recorder app, Log GPS just got unchecked?

I've been using Recorder 0.27 to record runs and I just checked here and they all do have GPS data in for me

• Thanks. Yes, Log GPS was checked.
    The GPS coordinate columns are just empty in the downloaded CSVs.
    I will investigate further on my end, maybe I really just got very unlucky with GPS locks. I just wanted to make sure this isn't some regression in the nightly builds or newer versions of the Recorder app.

• Tested again (after updating to version 0.28 of the Recorder app), it seems to work fine now. Not sure what the issue was previously.
    Thanks for the help.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Recorder no longer recording GPS data?

Posted by Avatar for user113695 @user113695

Actions