• Hey folks! Have been fiddling with the integration aspect of my BangleJS and have been struggling a little bit to figure out what's what. I have been following this:

https://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge

I installed the bangle version of gadgetbridge on my phone, then installed the android integration on my BangleJS (not 100% sure if this was required for transmit only, but I did it anyway).

Then I loaded this code into ram in the web IDE:

Bangle.setUI({mode: "custom", btn: () => {
      Bluetooth.println(JSON.stringify({t:"inf­o",msg:"Hello World"+getTime()}))
      console.log("HELLO");
    }})

disconnected from the web IDE, then connected to GadgetBridge. I then hit the side button on my watch, and saw the little info toast pop up on my phone. Wohoo! Then I hit the button again... Nothing! Strange.

I hit the button a few more times over the course of about 10 minutes and it seemed to work maybe once or twice more. I proceeded to disconnect from gadgetbridge then reconnect, hit the button again, and it works again - but only once.

Wonder if anyone with a little more familiarity with these things could weigh in.

1. Is this unexpected, or am I doing something wrong?
    2. Did I actually need the full android integration app with all the message and message icon dependencies to send info messages to the phone? (It didn't seem to work before I did that, but the integration app only mentions receiving messages, not sending them.)

My interest right now is just getting the most minimalistic possible setup and get a little bit of hello world data to reliably go both ways, even just to log it to the console.

About

Avatar for Philip @Philip started