• Edit: Deleted previous content in this comment because I am positive I have found the root cause for myself.

The exact reproduction steps are

1. Turn on Logitech K380 bluetooth keyboard. Make sure it's paired and connected with computer.

2. Connect the BangleJS2 to the web IDE or the app loader (with compatibility mode turned off in the app loader)

3. Send commands through the console (left side) - noting that they work fine.

4. Send code snippets through the IDE editor to RAM (right side) - or attempt to send data with the app loader - noting that it fails and the connection is lost.

To resolve the issue you merely

1. Run the app loader in bluetooth compatibility mode all the time OR

2. Connect the BangleJS2 to either the app loader or the web IDE while the keyboard is turned off. (you can turn the keyboard back on after the initial connection is made)

It seems like some kind of bluetooth interference but I am not familiar enough with the technology to say exactly what could be happening. Some connection parameter negotiation problem / incongruity? It definitely connects either way, it just has issues sending data (MTU related?)

About

Avatar for Philip @Philip started