• I always feel a little goofy when I solve my own problems only moments after posting about them on these forums, but apparently I have no problem anymore:

Steps to resolve:

1. Update and restart computer.

2. Try exact same thing again.

3. Note that this time the Banglejs2 device was NOT in the list for connections in the IDE, I had to pick web bluetooth and pair with it again.

4. Everything just seems to work now. Didn't restart the bangle or anything.

Huzzah!

Edit: A similar, or the same issue has arisen again, this time with the app launcher. I am going to reboot my computer again to see if it still resolves the issue.

<BLE> Device Name:       Bangle.js dbad
    puck.js:408 <BLE> Device ID:         mhStQJUeTW1Tlah21FzG+Q==
    puck.js:408 <BLE> Connected
    comms.js:231 <COMMS> Ctrl-C gave ""
    comms.js:278 <COMMS> getDeviceInfo Object
    loader.js:85 sendUsageStats: Submitting usage stats...
    index.js:941 Current device time is Mon Jun 05 2023 23:23:04 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
    loader.js:91 sendUsageStats (200): 
    espruinotools.js:139 Minifying
    espruinotools.js:139 Minification complete
    espruinotools.js:139 Minifying
    espruinotools.js:139 Minification complete
    comms.js:150 <COMMS> uploadApp: barometer.app.js, barometer.img, barometer.info
    comms.js:41 <COMMS> reset
    comms.js:43 <COMMS> reset: got "\u001b[?7l\r\n ____                 _ \r\n|  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___ \r\n|  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |\r\n|____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|\r\n         |_| espruino.com\r\n 2v18 (c) 2021 G.Williams\r\n\r\n>"
    comms.js:52 <COMMS> reset: rebooted - sending commands to clear out any boot code
    puck.js:408 <BLE> SEND ERROR: NotSupportedError: GATT operation failed for unknown reason.
    puck.js:408 <BLE> Disconnected (gattserverdisconnected)

Edit: Yes that fixed it again. The issue seems to be associated with whether or not the bangle appears "paired" already in the 'connection' dialogue. I suspect a similar thing is going on between both the web IDE and the app loader.

I notice if I navigate in chrome to : chrome://bluetooth-internals/#devices
    I can see my device (DB:AD) and it sometimes shows stuff in the services column and even shows "connected" at times despite not being in the "connected" state in the app loader. Fiddling around with the "forget" and "disconnect" buttons in the chrome bluetooth management tab seemed to eventually get the app loader to work again.

About

Avatar for Philip @Philip started