Ghost touches (Bangle.js 2)

Posted on
  • Hello,

I noticed ghost touches on my bangle 2. On the main menu (single button press) there isn't any, but if I go into settings, sometimes it automatically selects the first or second item in the list(and drills-down in that area of the screen, ending up checking/ unchecking checkboxes repeatedly by itself). When I try to tap the top-left red back button nothing happens but seems correlated with some following ghost taps in top-center screen area.

I re-installed the default apps, I updated firmware and apps to latest and still behaves the same.
    I .. have showered with it .. just checked the barometric hole and I can see a white .. something on the inside, and ... I also managed to get 3 scratches on the screen (not too deep, but I can feel them with a fingernail ).

Currently running it flat with a script found on a post about up-down scroll not working and I'll see if it helps any.

Any ideas on what's the problem and how to fix ?
    Thanks!

• Currently running it flat

There is an option for this in settings as well.

You could try:

Bangle.on('touch', print);
    Bangle.on('drag', print);

So maybe you can see what messages it's getting.

Any ideas on what's the problem and how to fix ?

It's probably not a coincidence that the top of the touchscreen isn't working, and that's where the hole for the barometer is.

I'm afraid it is very likely water-related. While you have the membrane (white bit at the bottom of the barometer hole) which is meant to keep out occasional cold water at up to about a meter, it's not designed for warm/hot water, soap, or the increased water pressure associated with water pushing onto it from the shower itself.

What I'd suggest is run the battery down (which you're doing) and then leave the Bangle somewhere warm and dry for a week (maybe on a radiator if it's not too hot, or at least nearby).

Hopefully that'll dry it out and it'll start working again

• Thing is I'm not sure since when this is going on, as lately I have not entered the menu, everything was set-up just right. I'll leave it somewhere to dry and re-try in about a week. Thanks!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Ghost touches (Bangle.js 2)

Posted by Avatar for rnist @rnist

Actions