You are reading a single comment by @Q_NErk and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm not a bot (I know, all bot can say it :))
    I'm not familiar with JS, that why I'm trying to solve it anyhow by (like You said) c in Arduino envoirment. This is my first tries with BT/BLE.

• that why I'm trying to solve it anyhow by (like You said) c in Arduino envoirment.

It is perfectly OK to use any solution. It is just that we cannot help you much here with details of using BLE in Arduino.

This is my first tries with BT/BLE.

We can still discuss generic BLE concepts (advertising vs connection) and how to do the Bangle.js side here. For that you already had some suggestions.

Advertising is short data packet broadcasted periodically containing typically a device name but you can add anything small there (up to 31 bytes total or 2*31bytes - with optional advertising response packet). Then just scanning on the other side and parsing the advertising result should be enough - inside your MyAdvertisedDeviceCallbacks::onResult(BL­EAdvertisedDevice advertisedDevice).

Currently it checks serviceUUID which can be there too advertisedDevice.haveServiceUUID() && advertisedDevice.isAdvertisingService(se­rviceUUID) but there can be also other custom data you put there.

About

Avatar for Q_NErk @Q_NErk started