You are reading a single comment by @jgw and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi,
    We've recently bought a new batch of 'Bangle.js 2' devices. These are programmed with our application in the production department of our company and, to our surprise, the application failed on all devices. Font sizes were wrong, dark/light theme switching did not work, etc...

After a day's worth of debugging, I tracked this down to a change in 'Bangle.setUI()' which now seems to reset the Graphics object to its default state. This means that after every call to setUI(), one needs to re-initialise the graphics engine (in my case : g.setFont, g.setColor, g.setBackground, g.setFontAlign, ...).

Our application uses setUI() a lot because, depending on the display mode, different touch gestures are used (and thus distinct callbacks are often removed/registered).

Is my analysis correct ?

If so, may I ask that, in future firmware releases, such large changes are implemented in a new method (e.g. Bangle.setUIAndReset() ?) so that these do not break existing applications?

Thank you.

About