You are reading a single comment by @Mark_M and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am lost. :).
    So what would you suggest for my use case? - I want to see a speedometer when I am windsurfing. Smartphone has much better GPS chip and antenna, as well as other capabilities like L5, AGPS, and even DGNSS and RTK. Instead of using internal Bangle GNSS I am going to use the smartphone's one. And Bangle will just display what I need - speed, time, may be map with location and track, may be some supplementary info like accuracy and number of sats.
    So I need to pass that data to the watch. I could make a custom service, but the standard Location and Navigation already includes all I need (except may be timezone). And it can be compatible with other GNSS pocket receivers. I guess they play a peripheral role in GAP. So my smartphone should mimic same.

• So what would you suggest for my use case?

I would actually try to use existing android integration described at https://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge
    It looks like it could be extended with custom messages in both directions? maybe instead of custom BLE solution your android app could just handle some intent called from your watch app via gadgetbridge and/or send data back to watch via gadgetbridge somehow. @Gordon what do you think, can this work? can some android app hook into gadgetbridge to pass some custom message back to watch via some intent? would GB({ "t":"xxx"... call fit this or watch app should have its own method to receive data from android app instead of GB()?

About

Avatar for Mark_M @Mark_M started